We reading books!
READ.SHARE.CONNECT.REPEAT

The value of an apology

Author: Gary R. RenardPublished: 2014-10-08
robert

The value of an apology

Postby robert » Mon Jun 12, 2017 2:48 pm

After reading Gary's books and beginning to study the Course, I find myself wondering if there is any place left for an apology in the 'script' of the Holy Spirit? Since the focus is on true forgiveness, does an apology simply 'make real' some type of error or mistake in this shared dream we find ourselves in? Does it also further emphasize a separation that doesn't really exist?

So in any 'special love' or 'special hate' relationship (or even with strangers you don't know), if you find you have wronged or hurt someone else is there any value in an apology for either party? When Gary makes a mistake in his notes for book #2 (Your Immortal Reality) and is corrected by Arten in book #3, Gary doesn't apologize for the error - is that because it would not benefit anyone for him to do that? Is there ANY situation where an apology would be beneficial to anyone?
robert

Re: The value of an apology

Postby robert » Sun Jun 18, 2017 12:25 am

After I posted this I read the part where Arten told Gary not to say sorry so as not to make it real. So in dealing with others if we make a mistake and someone points it out would it be appropriate to just say "ok" or "you're right" ?

Today Candice and I got to hear Gary and his wife Cindy speak in Sedona. Gary mentioned a few times the need to continue to act "normal" instead of trying to be super spiritual about things. So how does that translate to a scenario where you step on someones foot or hurt them in some way?

Return to “Love Has Forgotten No One: The Answer to Life”